Sunday 3 August 2014

Wk 2: Camera Use // Self Directed - Experimenting with Leading Lines

In my own exercise of experimenting with Leading Lines I headed to Silo Park with a couple of hours of light left to see what I could find.

I don't think I found anything majorly exciting but it was good to experiment with simply looking for lines rather than just 'interesting' things.

This was my first time using my own camera and I had difficulty with setting up the focus points so this was an issue with all my images in some way.



















Silo Park
Aperture: 13.0
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 250
Thoughts: With this image I like the leading lines to the end of the wharf and the clouds. It would have been interesting to be able to get a higher or lower vantage point with this one.



















Silo Park
Aperture: 7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO: 100
Thoughts: Potentially needed a tripod here. Tried to just let the lines of this walkway do their thing without trying to be clever. While I haven't hugely enjoyed taking images like this just working on understanding the basics is a good challenge. 













Silo Park
Aperture: 11.0
Shutter Speed:  1/250
ISO: 250
Thoughts: With this image I like the number of lines and triangles of man-made structures in juxtaposing the simple perfection of the bird with its own lines somehow matching the lines of the structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment