Friday 5 September 2014

Wk 3: Self Directed Camera Use // Fore/Mid/Background & Low Vantage Point

Although I feel like this is a compositional concept that I am relatively familiar with I still consider this a difficult concept to capture in one image when just going out searching. My first attempts while photographing my Dad lacked a defined background although the fore and mid ground were pretty clear. Again I don't think the background is clearly defined in these images either but I still think I am starting to understand the possibilities of incorporating the 3 elements in one image. 

Fore/Mid/Background Experiments 
Here is an attempt I tried using my friend Ema as the subject matter: 















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 200
Thoughts: Seeing through the fence in this image makes Ema the quick focus of the image. Of the images on this shoot where I attempted to have fore, mid and background elements I found this one to be the most successful in terms of the depth. 
















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 10.0
Shutter Speed: 1/80
ISO: 320
Thoughts: I took this image before the previous one, while Ema is still clearly the subject matter but neither the background or foreground is very clear. 















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/80
ISO: 125
Thoughts: This was both an attempt to use a low angle and fore/mid ground. The contrasting colours of the red cardigan and green plant work well together as well. 

Low Vantage Point Experiments 















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 14.0
Shutter Speed:1/60
ISO: 400
Thoughts: This image was an attempt at using low angle and fore/mid/background, however the background of the sky isn't really defined although the foreground of the steps works well with the mid ground (Ema). I also worked on this image in Camera Raw to bring out the highlights in the sky. 
















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 125
Thoughts: Low angle with low aperture. I didn't manage to successfully get this during the shoot with my Dad so this was another chance to grab it.

















Shot details:
Aperture: f / 18.0
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 500
Thoughts: Low angle with high aperture. Again, an image I missed earlier. Of the two I prefer this image with the details of the bridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment