Monday 8 September 2014

Wk 6: Self Directed // Speedlight

These images were taken with a speed light. I have to admit I got a little lost on this day in terms of what to photograph so I just took some images of the interior and exterior of my house. I experimented with bouncing the speedlight  on the ceiling, to the side wall and also pointing directly at the subject.















BEFORE
Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 400














AFTER
Composition: I didn't put much thought into these images, I was more focused on experimenting with flash. This image could really have done with a different vantage point or by not cutting off the end of the bench.
Use of Flash: The flash works well in this room and doesn't look too artificial. It was pointed at the ceiling.















BEFORE
Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/800
ISO: 400


















AFTER
Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.0
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 400
Composition: With this image I think it could have been more interesting if I'd included the top of the curtain rail and some of the floor.
Use of Flash: The flash has done an amazing job at lighting the room - It was pointed at the ceiling. Although the shorter shutter speed has over exposed the detail of the exterior.























BEFORE
Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 3.5
Shutter Speed: 1/250
ISO: 400























AFTER
Composition: I like the above image the most from this selection. The leading lines which head towards to the dark room in the background.
Use of Flash:  I also love the reflection created on the floor once the flash was included.

















Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 200
Use of Flash: In this image the flash is pointed to the side and directly at the subject of the leaves. You can clearly see the brightness of the flash on the right side. It's very obviously a flash but I actually quite like the way it looks like a point and shoot camera. It reminds me of an image you might take when experimenting at the age of 12. Maybe I never moved on...


No comments:

Post a Comment