Monday 8 September 2014

Wk 5: Self Directed // Queenie's Concert

I friend of mine who I've looked after since she was 3 years old was performing in a band as part of The Rock Shop's Band quest. I figured this would be a good opportunity to try shooting in a dark environment seeing as I'll probably photograph theatre shows at some point.

I used a really high ISO and the lowest shutter speed I could get away with. All the images have been edited in Camera Raw - increasing the Luminance, as well as Amount & Radius.
















Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO: 6400



Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 4000





Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/60
ISO: 4000

















Shot Details:
Aperture: f / 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/100
ISO: 4000

Thoughts: Some of these images turned out pretty good and luckily they have retained the colour from the stage lighting. In terms of composition, I was really just looking at capturing some moments when Queenie was in full swing and singing her heart out for the sake of her family who weren't able to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment